Moka Pot Brew Guide
- preheat the water. remove from heat directly off boil.
- grind your coffee on a fine/ medium setting (refer to grind chart). you need enough coffee to fill the filter basket, which is about 15gr (about 2.5 heaped coffee measure spoons) for a 4-cup moka pot.
- add the heated water and fill to the line in the bottom of the brewer, just below the small pressure valve near the top of the chamber. be careful not to fill the water above the pressure valve.
- insert the filter basket into the brewer bottom.
- fill the basket with coffee, slightly mounded, and level the surface off with your finger. do not press or pack the coffee into the filter basket.
- screw the top and bottom together. careful it’s hot! use a towel and don’t over tighten.
- put the brewer on the stove, use moderate heat. leave the top lid open.
- the coffee will begin to come out in about 2 minutes and you will hear a puffing sound and see a rich-brown stream that will get progressively lighter in color. once the stream is the color of yellow honey, remove the moka pot from the heat source.
- as soon as the coffee stops bubbling out, pour it into your cups. you may wish to dilute with hot water depending on preference.
- sip and enjoy!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
CLICK TO BUY !